Jay B. Green
Jay Green has extensive experience in virtually all areas of civil litigation, including but not limited to construction defects, premises liability, products liability, inadequate security, personal injury, wrongful death, professional malpractice, insurance coverage and extra-contractual liability (bad faith). Jay Green has been practicing in the State of Florida for more than 40 years and represents businesses and individuals. Jay Green has extensive jury trial experience in state and federal courts and has tried more than 100 cases to verdict. In addition, Jay Green has served as a Speaker at “Masters in Trial,” a program put on by the American Board of Trial Advocates, lecturing on winning courtroom strategies and techniques.
Jay Green has also been appointed to The Florida Bar’s Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee. Jay Green has served as an expert witness on issues involving extra-contractual liability (bad faith), legal malpractice and attorney’s fees. Jay Green is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability.
- New York, 1975
- Florida, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2000
Prior professional experience
- Assistant District Attorney for Kings County, New York, 1975-1976
Associations & Memberships (Past & Present)
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry for professionalism and ethics
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1974
- Queens College, B.A., 1969