Rand Ackerman has more than 35 years of experience representing insureds in all types of tort claims, including but not limited to premises liability, products liability, inadequate security, personal injury, trip and fall, motor vehicle accidents and wrongful death. Rand Ackerman has extensive jury trial experience and has tried to verdict in excess of one hundred seventy five cases. Rand Ackerman is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability.
- Florida, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1982
Associations & memberships (past & present)
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Broward County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry for professionalism and ethics.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 1981
- University of Florida, B.A., 1978
- Obtained summary judgment for a defendant property owner in a trip and fall accident. Haddad v. Burlington Self Storage of Oakland Park, LLC.
- Obtained summary judgment for a defendant property owner in a premises liability action where the plaintiff fell from defendant’s ladder and sustained injuries. Jacks v. Omeally.
- Obtained summary judgment for a defendant property owner in a premises liability action where plaintiff alleged defendant failed to warn of a change in floor elevation. Fuchs v. Rose.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a wrongful death accident where minor decedents drowned in a residential pool. Duffin v. Pisani.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a motor vehicle accident case. Massey v. O’Connell.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a negligence case where plaintiff fell from defendant’s ladder and sustained catastrophic injuries. Ledesma v. Iglesias.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a dog attack case where the plaintiff sustained catastrophic injuries. Collier v. Zuback.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a construction accident case where the plaintiff fell from scaffolding and sustained catastrophic injuries. Rincon v. Oakbrook Building & Design, Inc.
- Obtained numerous defense verdicts in trip and fall/slip and fall cases:
- Blackman v. Courtyard Gardens Professional Centre Condo. Inc.
- Shorter v. Fair
- Beizer v. Farrow Dev. Corp.
- Douglass v. Lakewood Village Condo. Assoc., Inc.
- Gilman v. Oriole Gardens Condo. Assoc.
- Gronseth v. First Baptist Church of Deerfield
- Klein v. Temple Torah of West Boynton Beach, Inc.
- Glanzberg v. Kaufman
- Muniz v. Natour
- Gottlieb v. Wisnicki
- Cocilova v. Brown