Jonathan M. Matzner
Jonathan Matzner’s practice of law focuses on the representation of insurers in insurance coverage disputes. He regularly authors insurance coverage opinions and litigates declaratory judgment actions in the coverage areas of general liability, employer’s liability, garage operations and auto liability. Jonathan Matzner’s practice also includes the representation of insurers and insureds in all areas of civil litigation, at both trial and appellate levels, in the areas of extra-contractual liability (bad faith), premises liability, products liability, inadequate security, professional liability, personal injury and wrongful death.
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2006
- When Category II Meets Category III: Sovereign Immunity for Third-Party Criminal Acts on Municipally Owned Property, 30 Stet. L. Rev. 1019 (Winter 2001).
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 1996
- University of Connecticut, B.S., 1993
- Obtained a summary judgment in a products liability action in favor of a distributor of an analgesia pump that was alleged to have caused severe organic brain damage to a young plaintiff. The summary judgment was affirmed on appeal. Vincent v. Bimeco, 944 So. 2d 1083 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2006).
- Obtained summary judgment on the basis of worker’s compensation immunity, which was affirmed on appeal. Guevara v. Doormark, Inc. 946 So. 2d 1228 (Fla. 4th DCA 2007).
- Obtained a defense verdict in a tractor trailer accident on I-75. Plaintiff claimed a brain injury and numerous orthopedic injuries. Fernandez v. Laclaustra.
- Obtained summary judgment and affirmance on appeal of a declaratory judgment in favor of an insurer in an insurance coverage dispute involving a premises liability claim. Savage v. Burlington Insurance Co., 917 So. 2d 880 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005).